Dienstag, 10. November 2009

Barbara Tieaho

Teilnehmer aus Finland: Barbara Tieaho
Sie hat über Ihre Arbeit etwas im Englisch geschrieben.

My last installation, the name of which is "Star and counterforce".

Here comes a description of my artpieces in general.
My motives for the pieces come mostly from the nature and during the years I
have used a lot of different materials from clay, metal, glass, concrete,
wood, stone recycling materials and also plants from the nature. The size of
my artpieces are nowadays both small and big installations. I have been
working mostly in my homecountry Finland, but also abroad in many countries
with other artists in Sweden, Iceland, Germany, Italy, USA and Mexico among
others. In some of my installations one element is video and I have also
made a few separate movies and the content is both nature and people. I have also
been teaching in artschools for several years for example at the Industrial
Artschool of Helsinki.

I´m working in my studio in an artfactory in Helsinki during the winter and
half of the year I live and work in the countryside near by Helsinki.
Because we artists mostly work alone I have really enjoyed all the
possibilities to take part in workshops with other artists. I wish that as
many artists as possible would have the opportunity to work together with
other artists. I consider myself lucky to have had the chance to work with
my sister and daughter who both are artists.


The photos are all from the same installation.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen